WhatsApp is a popular messaging app on all the mobile platforms but what if you need WhatsApp for PC? In this article, we will be showing you how to get it for free on your computer. Now there are specific instructions on how to make it to work and you need to follow them orderly.
Things you need to know before installing WhatsApp for PC
There are few things that you need to know before installing WhatsApp . The first thing is that it is not designed to be used on Windows. It is basically a mobile messaging app that is available on Windows Phone, iOS, Android, Nokia and BlackBerry.
The popularity of the concept of having WhatsApp on PC and that too for free is due to the fact that not all people like to use it on their small sized devices. Although it can be installed on tablets as well but still it doesn’t make any sense because you do not carry a tablet everywhere you go.
Coming back to the point, installing the app is really easy and it just takes about 3-5 minutes to set it up.
Install WhatsApp for PC through BlueStacks
This is the first method we will be using to get this app on our PC. You probably be wondering what is BlueStacks. Well, BlueStacks is actually an Android emulator for Windows that is designed specially to run Android apps like games, software on PC. Yes, you guessed it right! We will be using the BlueStacks as a source to install. Not only does BlueStacks work on PC, it is also compatible with MAC and Linux as well. Following are the steps to get WhatsApp for PC using BlueStacks.
- Download and install BlueStacks from here. You can choose between. You can chose between downloading it for PC Windows or download it for MAC OSX.
- After installation, it might ask you to restart your PC. Do that by saving all your applications and work and restart.
- After restart, open up the BlueStacks app from the desktop shortcut. You will be presented with a screen that shows different trending Android apps.
- On top, you will see three buttons – My Apps, Top Charts, 1-Click Sync. Go to My Apps. This is a personal menu which will show apps that you have downloaded and you can also search. Click on the App Search option like the one shown below.
- Clicking on App Search will open up a new dialog box type window. Type in WhatsApp in the search bar and click Find. It will populate a list of WhatsApp application available on the Android Play Store, 1 mobile and Amazon App Store.
- Select the WhatsApp messenger from the 1 mobile market and then click install. It will first download the app and then install it on BlueStacks.
- After installation, coming back to My Apps menu, you will now see the WhatsApp application icon there.
- Open the app by clicking on it. It will ask you to enter few details to make your account. Just go through with the steps. Put original information like mobile number and country and click OK.
- The next step is that WhatsApp will send a verification SMS on the mobile number you specified. Just enter that code into the WhatsApp application.
DONE! You now have WhatsApps and now you can enjoy with your friends easily.
Alternative way to install WhatsApp for PC
Now you might have some difficulty getting the above steps done to get WhatsApp for PC and start using it. The whole emulator installation is a bit lengthy and requires certain steps to make sure it is installed correctly.
Now, if you are looking for a quick alternative or a way to install WhatsApp, here is the answer for you. Wasapp is an app similar to the WhatsApp. The only thing is that, it excludes the need of any emulator and is rather a straight installation. Wasapp is an app made by some individual that uses the same WhatsApp credentials for logging into your WhatsApp account to get the WhatsApp for PC to work.
- Download and install Wasapp from here. Not big software, it will download quickly. After downloading install it.
- When you start the program, there are two options. If you have WhatsApp on mobile and already have an account there, simply put those login details here and it will sign in. But if you don’t have an account, then it will ask for country and mobile number when you want to sign up. Click Register and enter details.
- Select the mode of verification of your account. You will be getting a verification code again. Enter it and activate your account.
DONE! It is as simple as it gets. You now have a fully functioning WhatsApp for PC via Wassapp software. Although it is not a direct communication but it’s better to have something than nothing. Just login to your WhatsApp application via Wasapp and start using it.
All it takes is about 10 minutes of your time to setup WhatsApp on your PC and get it to work. Leave us comments down below if you are having trouble of any sort to download WhatsApp and install it on PC. We will be much happier to help you in setting it up.